Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Hitting a crossroad really sucks...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Spore's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    So, I've been trying to get my business going for the past year... finally start getting some good business and, bam!, a company I was freelancing for asked me to go full time.

    Okay... it's not really a crossroad 'cuz I have a 16 month old daughter and a steady job with benefits is the right thing to do... but damn, getting sucked back into the daily grind really bites.

    Oh, well. More money for everyone.

    Of course, that means more toys for me.

    But less time on the board.

    And less time with my daughter.

    How do the rest of you cope???

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Quikman's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    staying single..only buy toys , live at home , dont eat.. have no social life..thats about rounds it up [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member chaserfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    12,399
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    life is all about finding ways to cope with decisions. gotta do whats best for those that didnt ask to be part of the situation.

    I'd love to quit my job and find a new career, but the cut in pay would put too much burden on my family, so I stay with it. Sometimes you have to opt for the one less desirable for the sake of others

    best to you in whatever you decide.

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ April 01, 2004 07:51 PM: Message edited by: chaserfan ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Tr3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2004
    Posts
    1,280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    it's all about priorities.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Joranthalus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2001
    Posts
    4,990
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Spore:
    So, I've been trying to get my business going for the past year... finally start getting some good business and, bam!, a company I was freelancing for asked me to go full time.

    Okay... it's not really a crossroad 'cuz I have a 16 month old daughter and a steady job with benefits is the right thing to do... but damn, getting sucked back into the daily grind really bites.

    Oh, well. More money for everyone.

    Of course, that means more toys for me.

    But less time on the board.

    And less time with my daughter.

    How do the rest of you cope???
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I cope by not having any kids, working a government gig (35 hours a week), and only actually working 10% of my time there, also, do a lot of "working from home" days...

    Not sure the government hires photographers... then again, it is the Canadian government we're talking about here so...

    [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I offer my Congrats and Sympathy, my mixed blessed friend [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ April 01, 2004 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Joranthalus ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member toymank's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    6,855
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    porn...and alchohol

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Spore's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Originally posted by toymank:
    porn...and alchohol
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tried that... my elbows got too tired.

    Well, I'm off to work!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Other opportunities will come about later in life. For now, you gotta do what you gotta do!

    I sold my soul to Comcast for 20 years before I struck out on my own with my partner.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Spore:
    How do the rest of you cope???
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...well, I went stark, raving mad...its not really for everyone. But my coworkers fear me, and that makes the day go by faster than you could imagine!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by -Dark Angel-:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Spore:
    How do the rest of you cope???
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...well, I went stark, raving mad...its not really for everyone. But my coworkers fear me, and that makes the day go by faster than you could imagine!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I, on the other hand, drove my co-workers stark, raving mad. That speeds up the day too. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •